Saturday 25 August 2007

HE LEADETH ME

We can truly say that the Lord has been leading us, these last months, through pastures green and still waters... This poem, nevertheless, reminds us that even "though the path be rough and rugged, though the trail be dark and steep, still the gentle Shepherd watches o're His sheep..." This has been a comfort and encouragement to me at times when the path has indeed been rugged, and I hope you will be blessed by it as well, and pass it on.

HE LEADETH ME
"In pastures green?" - Not always. Sometimes
He, who knoweth best, in kindness leadeth me
In weary ways, where heavy shadows be;
Out of the sunshine warm and soft and bright,
Out of the sunshine into the darkest night;
I oft would faint with sorrow and affright
Only for this - I know He holds my hand;
So whether led in green or desert land
I trust, although I may not understand.

"And by still waters"? - No, not always so.
Oftimes the heavy tempests round me blow,
And o'er my soul the waves and billows go.
But when the storm beats loudest, and I cry
Aloud for help, the Master standeth by,
And whispers to my soul, "Lo, it is I!"
Above the tempest wild I hear Him say
"Beyond the darkness lies the perfect day;
In every path of thine I lead the way."

So, whether on the hill-tops high and fair
I dwell, or in the sunless valleys where
The shadows lie, - what matter? He is there;
And more than this: where'er the pathway
Lead He gives to me no helpless broken reed,
But His own hand, sufficient for my need.
So where He leadeth I can safely go;
And in the blest hereafter I shall know
Why, in His wisdom, He hath led me so.

Anonymous

3 comments:

LSEP said...

Thanks, Eliweski. That was a very good read.

Is it really anonymous or is it anonymous your style?

Eliweski said...

No, unfortunately I still have a long way to go to attain that kind of exquisity in writing....

It is anonymous anonymous.

Ricky said...

Molt maco eli... weski (ehem) And I do believe you're quite close to that style, even though you haven't done lletres jeje
Yes, that really can help in the hour of distress...