Saturday 9 January 2010

Family dinner

Whew!! All went well. We were over 30 people (we ate at a restaurant in Barcelona), all descendants of my father-in-law, Martín Valcárcel, and his siblings, plus extended family. It was funny because most of us didn't know each other... especially in-laws with other in-laws!

Paul slept most of the time (he actually pulled a 6-hour on me) and Lara amused herself with her books while adult conversation droned on. I had "Boeuf Bourguignon", not sure about the spelling - a delicious French stew with bull's meat (proper name for that?). I saw it on the menu and thought I would try it because they made a great deal about it in the movie "Julie and Julia", which I watched a couple of days ago... By the way, it's a great movie. I killed myself laughing. Meryl does a wonderful job, as usual.

Anecdote of the day: Lara woke up at 10:30 am today... she slept 14 hours straight!! What a luxury. She woke up all bright eyed and bushy tailed with her usual "Firerruck!! Indian ride!!" expletives.

I shall go now and read a book. Something I haven't done for ages.

No comments: