Friday 8 January 2010

This time it's for real... honest.

Okay, I know you think this will be short-lived and that I won't post anything else in the next year or two; but I have firmly resolved, and call it a New Year's Resolution if you want, to write something every week at least.

Not only to keep up a blog, but perhaps also for the mere sake of writing... something which I enjoy thoroughly but have so little time to do. Well, I shall make the time then.

For instance, this evening we put Lara and Paul to bed at the same time... 8:30 pm. I had supper already made (zuchinni, potato, leek, and carrot cream soup, and some ham and cheese sandwiches that Dani volunteered). By the time we finished, it wasn't even 9 pm. So... a whole evening ahead of me! And the clothes are folded!! The dishes are in the dishwasher!!

I managed to get up to date on Facebook - an arduous task when you haven't been on it since yesterday. But those of you that have the immense honour of being part of my 100,000 friends will see that I more than made up for my inexcusable 24-hour long absence.

Funny anecdote of the day: Lara was reading her abc book, and the letter K had a picture of a kettle. So after hesitating for a minute, she read... "K is for... Kea-pot!" She doesn't know what a kettle is... but it looked a lot like a tea-pot!!

We bathed them together today... Lara enjoyed it. He did too... crooning and smiling the whole time!

Recipe of the day: I made the spaghetti sauce with onion fried in butter, bacon, a tiny bit of tomato sauce to give it colour, and cream. Yummy!

Until the next, readers.


4 comments:

Doulos said...

Kea-pot ... poor thing, she tries hard, doesn't she! Love you all ... The Jungle Grampa

Rebeca said...

Glad you are going to write Eli... you have a gift. Keep it up!!
Love,
Rebe

LSEP said...

Iuuujuuuuuuuuu!! A veure si en trec alguna cosa de bona de revisar aquest blog tan rutinàriament, últimament... ^^

Kea-pot... A genius in the making, no doubt. :)

Ricky said...

Merci per tornar a començar el blog, Eli... Aviam si segueixo el teu exemple!!

Una abraçada.

PD--> Aquesta frase "I managed to get up to date on Facebook" es pot entendre d'una altra manera... heheheeeeee