Thursday 12 July 2007

This blog entry is dedicated to "la fille de la mer"...

SEA FEVER

I must go down to the sea again, to the lonely sea and the sky,
And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by;
And the wheel's kick and the wind's song and the white sails shaking,
And a grey mist on the sea's face, and a grey dawn breaking.

I must go down to the seas again, for the call of the running tide
Is a wild call and a clear call that may not be denied;
And all I ask is a windy day with the white clouds flying,
And the flung spray and the blown spume, and the seagulls crying.

I must go down to the seas again, to the vagrant gypsy life,
To the gull's way and the whale's way, where the wind's like a whetted knife;
And all I ask is a merry yarn from a laughing fellow-rover,
And a quiet sleep and a sweet dream when the long trip's over.

John Masefield

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful poem from a beautiful woman.

Adasa Aeneas said...

Ayy noia, que poètica estàs... hhnngggg. I must go down to the see again too... =) Es verdad, que últimamente estás poniendo cositas nuevas en tu blog... te estás portando bien con tus lectores.

LSEP said...

Thank you Eliweski… snif snif.

What kind of a woman was John Masefield, eh?

I'm going to look up other works from him. :D

Eliweski said...

Well, I think that comment should be read as "beautiful poem posted by a beautiful woman."

Ja és buscar-li tres peus al gat, eh. Per cert, aquí el Anonymous no sóc jo. Je, je.

Anonymous said...

Al menys JO no vaig possar Anonymous, sino Someone, hehe. Crec que està MOLT malament trepitjar els noms d'altri ... Si hi ha algú que vulgui anar d'anònim, que possi un altre terme. He dit.

TGP

LSEP said...

Ah I think I know who this Anonymous is. I SAID anonymousing wasn't a good idea, I'm glad you've dropped it…

Anonymous said...

Eliweski, you know, this expression "like a whetted knife" reminds me of your short story that got you the First Prize of Cassà High School in the days of yore ...

TGP

P.S. LSEP: I NEVER have used Anonymous. I've used and use TPG, The Jungle Uncle, Doulos, and I have used Someone, but NEVER Anonymous, so you'll have to try your Sherlockian skills in another direction. Lotsaluv!

LSEP said...

Ok, ok, refer to cbox in my blog. I wasn't talking to you.

What's that about a knife, eh? Eliweski... I want to know what you wrote. I bet the knife was bloody and there was a full moon around, too.

Anonymous said...

The knife was bloody, yes, Wendy, and there was pizza with tomato as well ... Pretty gory piece. I fa una cara tan inocenteta amb el barret de palla!

TPG